This policy is update from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intrepidtravelling.com gathers and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name .
- Contact information such as email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquires.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this date helps us understand what you are looking at on the website, enabling us to better deliver and improve the information and focus on specific topics.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customize the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store you preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages nd services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings
- Send an email to email@example.com
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the applicable laws.
We will always hold your information securely as per Google’s Policies.
To prevent unauthorized disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the applicable laws
Links from the site
Intrepidtravelling.com contains links to other websites
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the intrepidtravelling.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we lin, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Website Image Credits
The vast majority of the images on this site were taken by the author, however several have been sourced by 3rd parties or free image databases. These are detailed as follows;
- Various free images sourced from Wikimedia Commond: Images, Unsplash, com.
- Home page picture of the M/V Polarlys – MS Polarlys at Lyngenfjord PHOTO: ØRJAN BERTELSEN
- Favicon Compass graphic by <a href=”http://www.freepik.com/”>Freepik</a> from <a href=”http://www.flaticon.com/”>Flaticon</a> is licensed under <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/” title=”Creative Commons BY 3.0″>CC BY 3.0</a>. Made with <a href=”http://logomakr.com” title=”Logo Maker”>Logo Maker</a>